Followers

Monday, December 23, 2013

TWO NEAT BLOGS AND SOME HELPFUL ITEMS FOR R V PEOPLE

I subscribe to many blogs.  Some pluck at my heartstrings and others make me chuckle.  In the midst of living the life of a Montana timberman, our timbercruiser talks about her life's experiences, good and bad with humor and sensitivity that astounds me.  Go to the link below and read about her aged cat and the love and tenderness she gifts to this animal.  

http://www.gowestferalwoman.com

While cruising Amazon.com, I came across an items that I am going to order, things I want and something we have that I want some of you to know about.  

cleaning slimeFirst, is your computer keyboard dirty?  Are the vents in your rig full of dust, especially in the corners that you just cannot get clean....not even with a Q-tip?  Well, here is what is going into my order.  I am impressed with this.  

There are so many little spaces that I cannot seem to get as clean as I would like.  And this is going to do the trick at a very reasonable price.  
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DJ7GL04/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DJ7GL04&linkCode=as2&tag=parm
argrollc-20


I am not happy with the plastic hangers we have in our closet.  Items slip off the hangers when I pull from the hanger the item next to the shirt / blouse I want. So, voila, I found these hangers!  No more slip and slide.  


http://www.amazon.com/Closet-Complete-Ultra-Velvet-Hangers/dp/B0037KMST6/ref=lp_8159537011_1_23?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1387812500&sr=1-23

Another way I thought I could conserve a bit of space is to hang a top with the pants I, most likely, wear together.  These fill the bill to a tee. 
http://www.amazon.com/Woodlore-84025-Basic-Cedar-Hangers/dp/B000R9ZRKC/ref=sr_1_198?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1387813855&sr=1-198




I cannot tell you the number of scissors we have ruined by cutting inappropriate items.  Some blades are so dull, they will not cut butter!  These scissors are also on my next order.  





http://www.amazon.com/Titan-Elite-Industrial-Grade-Scissor/dp/B0046EBW1C/ref=sr_1_84?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1387813139&sr=1-84












This next item is on my wish list.  When we moved from our sticks and bricks to fulltime in our Tiffin Allegro Bus, we gave away our king size Sleep Number, king size bed and my beloved king size down comforter.  Now we have a yuck, mattress and no down comforter.  Is it okay to whine now? 

While I yearn for a sleep number bed, I know that a down comforter is awaiting my welcoming arms in the distant future. It is a shame I won't just go out and purchase whatever I want, but the Scott in me keeps me frugal. 
http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Comfort-Classic-Feather-Comforter/dp/B003TV4PKS/ref=sr_1_90?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1387813285&sr=1-90

We have this item.  We have had it four years and used it many times on our first trip west in our older Winnebago Adventurer motorhome. We have used it only once during a power emergency since we purchased our Tiffin, but we are keeping it just in case.  


http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Heater-F232000-Indoor-Safe-Portable/dp/B002G51BZU/ref=sr_1_25?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1387814563&sr=1-
25&keywords=rv+supplies

This last item is also on my wish list of future purchases.  

Even with our built in Splendide washing machine and dryer, there are times I prefer to hang items to dry.  We also have the problem of where to dry wet cloths and towels to dry before adding to the dirty clothes.  This baby is going to be awesome. It comes in two sizes in order to fit into any space.  
http://www.amazon.com/Telescoping-Drying-Telefix-Mount-Clothes/dp/B003XRMH4E/ref=sr_1_262?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1387815681&sr=1-262&keywords=rv+accessories

A big thanks goes out to you that have ordered from Amazon through this blog.  You are so appreciated.  

The title of my blog today was about two neat blogs, but I have mentioned only one.  I have saved the best for last.  What a good example we find in Arkansas Patty's blog, The New Sixty. Read and enjoy.
http://thenewsixty.blogspot.com/2013/12/take-my-shirtthe-joy-of-giving.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FMdXhyi+%28The+New+Sixty%29

Only one more day until the madness is over!  In the meantime, thanks so much for taking time in your busy schedule to read this blog.   And most of all........

God Bess! 

15 comments:

  1. Some great ideas idea there. Thanks for sharing!

    I did purchase a Down comforter before we went full timing. Then I started to think that was dumb, when would I use it if stay warm all year. Well, we use it plenty out west, especially since we don't use any heat at night. Hope you get yours soon, as well as, that Sleep Number bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wishes. I am ready for both the S.N. bed and the down comforter. We will see when we finish here at the Tiffin Headquarters.

      Delete
  2. Wow Nan, thank you so much for linking my post to your blog. I am so pleased you found it worth passing on. I have gotten a lot of hits from you post. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you found more readers. Your story was truly the best Christmas experience I have read this year. God Bless

      Delete
  3. We love our Mr Heater, so efficient and needs no power

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great ideas. Hope you're going to have a really wonderful Christmas. God bless you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did. We spent it with Bill and Kris from Seeing the USA here in the Tiffin campground.

      Delete
  5. You know how we love cats. Thanks for the link.

    I will have to look into the first item. I, too, use Q-tips and just can't reach some spots.

    Wishing you both a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marsha. I can see many good uses of that first item....

      Delete
  6. These are great ideas! I'm wondering if your Mr. Heater gives off a smell. We had one and had to exchange it because the smell was too much in such a small space. Very nice of you to give a shout out to those two blogs. I'm sure the bloggers are happy. Happy Holidays to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO, Mr. Heater, Big Buddy gives no smell. It burns propane rather than kerosene.

      Those two blogs deserved a shout out that day. Both were great.

      Delete
  7. I am wondering if that blog was for us to read to really meant for Santa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not for Santa. If I want something, I save for it.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the product tips. Looks like I have some more shopping to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. We do enjoy hearing from you.